the day of realising

In the matter of minutes I went
from complete happiness over finishing school;
over soon being able to live;
over being able to drink coffee during school time;
and in a way, of leaving 'em all behind

to complete sadness.
Every face I saw, every laugh and every annoying feature
made my body shiver, and my invisible tears were pouring.
Cause, right there and at that exact moment, it dawned to me:
I'll never be in the same class as these people again,
and what about her, the last weeks it all got tight and
my laugh was never fake.
And what about him? That voice'll never make me smile
again, those expressions won't make me smile that
annoyed smile no more.
Even the homofobic, narrow minded idiot got some
of my sad sad thoughts.

Then I got hit by a bicycle, rain was starting to come down
and my eyes were pressed to the bottom of my face.
She came to open the door and to save me, and my nostalgic
mind has now been replaced by longing.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Bloggarkiv